Contact Info / Websites
So I know nobody reads this or cares, but I am starting the development of Siege Defender 1.5. It's basically going to be a remake of the first one, and I plan on making it everything that the original should have been.
Over 3 years since my last blog post. It's been a long time since I stopped working with flash. Since then I've had more than 2 years of formal programming and game design classes, and though none of it was in Flash/Actionscript, what I learned will definitely translate to my future flash games. The quality of my future games will be much, much higher than my old games, in pretty much every way.
Some planned features and changes from the original:
- Pause! Yeah, this was undoubtedly the biggest problem people had with the original. I was a shitty programmer when I made the first. I had an idea of how to implement a pause, but it would have been much more difficult than it should have been due to poor programming. So I decided it was too much trouble.
- Sound. The first one had no sound. At all. Yeah, it doesn't seem to make sense to me either, but I guess my 16/17 year-old self felt it wasn't necessary. Also, if I recall, I was having trouble finding good sound effects at the time.
- Archers will be more effective, and take up physical space in the game. This means they will have to have a cap. I plan on balancing that by adding levels and upgrades to archers.
- Arrows will also exist physically in the game. I plan on making them stick into enemies when they hit them as well.
- The paddle will now have a max speed and acceleration, so it will be a little more difficult to run over enemies with the paddle.
- The wall will now be split into individual wall segments, each of which can be destroyed. One archer will be able to stand on each segment, and when the wall segment is hit by the ball, there is a chance of knocking the archer off. If the wall segment is destroyed, the archer standing on it will be killed.
- Achevables. (Bleep Bloop) In the Newgrounds version of the game they will be Medals. In the other versions there will be an Achievements page that lists them all.
- Other stuff. I don't want to give everything away, especially considering that many of my ideas are still up in the air as to how I am going to implement them, and have the potential to be scrapped.
The original game can be found here:
If you have any ideas to add, feel free to leave a reply to this thread, or leave a review for Siege Defender.